August 16, 2008

World Cup - Prague (part three)

Since I last posted it has not stopped raining; this has to be the wettest competition I've ever been to. Despite the rain and the rising water levels the show must go on and now all the prelims have taken place.

First up this morning was the senior women. I was in the first heat and it didn't really go to plan. I managed to get my loops but not much else unfortunately and ended up in 19th place. I would've obviously liked to have finished higher up in the order but it was close between all the women (there were 5 ties) and I really had no idea how I'd do. I've got a lot to work on now before next week.

Now the semi finals are taking place; Fiona Jarvie and Emily Jackson were looking super strong again in the senior women's class. In British news, Lee Pyke made it through in the C1 class and Jon Best ended up in 19th after the men's quarter finals with Ed Smith making the cut in 8th to the top 10. The current top 5 senior men are Nick Troutman, Peter Csonka, Mathieu Dumoulin, Eric Jackson and Dustin Urban. Their semi final will take place later on tonight under the floodlights.

Just heard: Flea got 1st going into tomorrow's final!!

0 comments:

 

Twitter

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive