June 22, 2008

All Change....


I'm currently coming to you from behind a mountain of clothes and boxes, stuck in my living room as I attempt to pack away all my belongings and move out of my house. I've finally finished up at university (no word on my degree result yet, I still have another agonizing week to wait for that) and now am moving on from Loughborough and the UK.

I couldn't wait to get out of here when my last exam was over and thankfully I didn't have to wait long as on the same day I got picked up by my friend Luke Farrington and carted off to the Alps for three weeks where I was tagging along with the Leeds University Canoe Club trip. I'll be posting a report about that shortly plus tons of pictures as I recently treated myself to a new camera.

While I've been packing today, I came across some old t-shirts; they were freebies from Peak UK Challenge events back in 2000 and 2002. It reminded me of how long I've been paddling, the places I've been and all the cool things I've been a part of. It's been good to look back when everything is changing, and changing so fast around me.

I've got a few weeks of living out of my mum's new camper van ahead of me, then the European Championships and the World Cup Series competitions out in central Europe. Then a quick stop back in the UK for the Festival of Freestyle that's happening in Nottingham, followed hopefully, by the rest of the year somewhere sunny....


0 comments:

 

Twitter

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive