March 09, 2008

National Student Rodeo 2008

This weekend saw probably the biggest freestyle event ever in UK (may be even in the world?!) take place at the whitewater course at Holme Pierrepont, Nottingham. It was my third and final time taking part in the National Student Rodeo. This year's pirate themed event had in the region of 670 students from across the country competing for their universities.

Me in the Expert Women's Final - photo John Wood


Yarr - My attempt at being a Pirate


Last year's big bosses - Adam and Sara


Second place expert sailor boy - Alan Ward

As for results, I guess the full ones will be posted on www.nationalstudentrodeo.com at some point soon. The nicest guy in freestyle, David Bainbridge of Nottingham stormed into first place in both the C1 and Expert Men's categories, Nottingham Trent took the overall winning university title and I won the Expert women's class. My final was held in the looping pool feature, with Sara James taking 3rd place and Molly Crisp paddling well into 2nd. It was great fun and I'm stoked to have won; but I do feel kind of sad to have finished my time in the NSR!

Ash and Tom - Representing for Nottingham Trent

Dave Bainbridge - the winnarrr

Prize Giving

Photo: Paul Wilkinson

Organised by the lovely Nick Norwood and Tim Trew along with the rest of the crew from Leeds University, NSR 2008 was another great success, a huge congratulations and thanks to all those involved!

0 comments:

 

Twitter

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive