September 03, 2007

Exciting new things

This weekend saw the 4th Youth Freestyle event of the year take place at Holme Pierrepont, Nottingham. In between working I managed to get down to watch what was going on. 80 paddlers under 18 attended the day which is made of coaching, a rodeo and a downriver race. It was fantastic to see so many young people excited about kayaking. They were all so enthusiastic and eager. It's great that they have this opportunity to get together, have fun and show off their skills, and some of them are seriously impressive. It'll be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of years as there is some real potential being shown in these kids. Here's a few pictures from the day












Something else new and exciting for me is wakeboarding. I first started working at the National Water Sports Centre about 5 years ago and had never had a go over on the cableway there. I can't believe it took me so long because it's damn awesome. Here's a few photos from my first attempts with my mate Allison; there was a whole lot of gurning and bum sticking-out








And I got down to Hurley the other day for some two gate action, so I thought I'd throw a couple of photos of that in as well






0 comments:

 

Twitter

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive